Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Framed Heart Paper Flower Rosettes


Happy Heart Month Everyone!





I have been thinking of making a wreath out of paper rosettes, but I could not find a heart shaped Styrofoam form in my area. So, for Day 4 of the 14 Days of Handmade Valentine Crafts, I then decided to alter our wedding picture frame. I am glad I did it because I really  love the way it all came together, plus I saved money in buying Valentines gifts


So, to give you the low down on how I made this Framed Heart Paper Flower Rosettes, I made a heart shaped cutout and used the negative part. I centered the picture and attached my paper flower rosettes all around it to form a heart shape. Wendy from DoziDesign had a great tutorial on how to make this paper flower.  



The above photo shows the monogram that I made using my Cricut Personal Cutter. The Cricut Cartridge I used is the Tie the Knot Cartridge.  


I really love this "Love Birds" cut out. Isn't it adorable? I tried to mimic the doves that we were holding in the picture. Again, they were cut with the Cricut Machine using the Tie the Knot Cartridge


So before heading into the mall or going online for your Valentine's gift shopping, look inside your house. Maybe there is something that you can alter and make it more personal. It saves you time + saves you money + it will be more appreciated because it is handmade. You know the saying, if it is Handmade  then it is Heart made


So if you like todays post? Please tell us your thoughts on the comment section below, we love to hear from you! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment