Thursday, July 22, 2010

DIY Candle Holder Using Cricut

This DIY Candle Holder Using Cricut was inspired by a lady that made a metal candle holder using the Big Shot Cutting Machine. At that time I did not write down her URL, because I thought I would not be able to re-create her project since I do not have a Big Shot. I remember she used a metal roof flashing. You can buy it at the hardware store. As I was playing with my Cricut Machine one day, a light bulb went off and an idea came to me..lol!. Why not make a Candle Holder using a metallic paper. I then begin cutting my flowers starting from 4", 3½" and 3".  I used the Cricut  Plantin Schoolbook Cartridge.



I then layered my cut flowers together using mini glue dots. The largest being the bottom. 



You can use the metal roof flashing if you own a big shot. I really do not know if Cricut can cut that type of metal. 





Here's what the cut flowers look like before the assembly process. A very fast and easy project. This is a cool give away gift when you are hosting a work shop or a dinner party. Give it a try and let me know how it goes.





0 comments:

Post a Comment