Thursday, July 1, 2010

Brayer Technique




The Brayer Technique is totally out of my comfort zone. I have had the Rubber Roller Brayer for a long time but have not tried using it until now. I finally had the courage to just go for it. So here is my first finished project using the Brayer Technique.  In this project, Reflection/Mirrored Effect Technique was also used.

For those that do not know what a brayer is, a Brayer is a tool that is used in applying ink. It  looks like a miniature paint roller and is very popular in rubber stamping.

It is normally used in creating backgrounds. You can create a solid background if you ink the brayer with one color or create a multicolored background by using more than one color.
                                                                                                                                                          

How To Use A Brayer 


Supplies/Materials:

Rubber Stamps

cardstock

ink pad

rubber brayer

Directions:

Apply ink to your Rubber Roller then roll it on your cardstock or paper in one direction  or roll back in forth, slowly changing the directions to blend the colors. Brayer Technique is great in creating landscapes, you can achieve this my masking off part of the card with torn paper. Color gradations will add more dimension to your project and gives a more realistic effect.

TIPS: Store your brayer rubber side upright in an airtight, plastic storage container.

Happy 4th of July

I cut the 4th of July text using Cricut Expression. I used the Plantin SchoolBook Cartridge. And applied the Brayer Technique in creating the background.




Please leave me a comment below if you like what you see. I want to know what you think.

Related Video

1 comments:

HappyCrafter

Fabulous tutorial, I've never mastered my brayer and your video helped a lot! Will be trying this :-) Thanks!

Post a Comment